David N. Dreyer
David N. Dreyer represents individuals and businesses of all sizes in state and federal courts. David has experience with most types of complex litigation, including RICO and racketeering claims, fraud, wrongful death, catastrophic injury, shareholder disputes, insurance coverage, international litigation, employer-employee restrictive covenants, internal investigations, embezzlement investigations, complex-damage determinations, nursing-home liability, and breach of fiduciary duty.
David has both trial and arbitration experience, and he proceeds aggressively in litigation. His benchmarks for client service are promptness, efficiency and professionalism. He also has significant experience working with federal, state and local governments.
Before founding Dreyer & Sterling, LLC, David was a partner at Chamberlain Hrdlicka, a large multi-state law firm. David has argued before the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, he is admitted to every court in Georgia and the United States Supreme Court and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. David was recognized as one of 14 attorneys under 40 “On the Rise” in the Daily Report, and he has been recognized as a Rising Star by Superlawyers.
David graduated summa cum laude from Georgia State University in 2001 and was selected for the annual President’s Award at graduation. David graduated from Emory Law with honors in 2004, where he served at Student Bar Association President, received the Dean’s Public Service award, and received the Dean’s Award for the highest grade in Accounting for Lawyers.
EMORY UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
Juris Doctor, 2004
GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY
B.A., Film & Music, 2001
Activities & Affiliations
• Georgia State Representative,
House District 59
• Grant Park Conservancy, Past President
• Red Clay Democrats, Past Chairman
• Georgia Victory 2014, Voter Protection Litigation Chair
• Georgia State University Religious Student Department, Board of Advisors
• American Constitution Society, Georgia Lawyer Chapter, Past President
• Emory University Annual Fund Board, Past Member
• Emory Law Alumni Executive Committee, Past Member
• Secured a judgment in excess of $14 million on behalf of a telecommunications service provider against a telecommunications retailer.
• Prevailed in a First Amendment constitutional challenge against the State of Georgia and received all requested relief and our attorneys’ fees from the State.
• Prosecuting an action on behalf of a financial institution against another financial institution for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract related to large commercial real estate loan and involving alleged abuse of a government program.
• Won an important decision before the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, establishing jurisdiction over RICO defendants domiciled in other states.
• Prevailed on summary judgment and received a multi-million ddollar award from the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia on a claim for breach of a shareholder agreement involving the interpretation of a buy-sell clause.
• Won an arbitration award against an Atlanta-are accounting firm on behalf of a departing partner. My client was paid what he believed he was owed, plus his attorneys’ fees and costs.
• Secured a confidential settlement from a Fortune Global 100 company based in Korea on behalf of our client. In a rare and important international legal decision, which helped leverage a settlement, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia compelled the defendant to stay or dismiss a parallel proceeding that it filed in South Korea so that the Northern District of Georgia could resolve the dispute.
Michael T. Sterling, Sr.
Michael T. Sterling, Sr. is a skilled litigator, trial attorney and counselor-at-law with over a decade of high-stakes and diverse experience. Michael has an exceptional record of success in advising and handling a range of complex matters for businesses, governments, elected officials, public figures, and private individuals, in state and federal courts, locally and across the country. The Fulton County Daily Report recognized Michael as one of the “On the Rise” top 40 lawyers under 40.
In August 2017, Michael served as lead attorney for Mississippi Hinds County District Attorney Robert Schuler Smith where he obtained a jury verdict of not guilty on all criminal charges that were brought by the State Attorney General’s Office against the D.A. of Mississippi’s largest county. Michael also served as an adviser to the Mayor of the City of Atlanta, helping to establish the City of Atlanta’s, Office of Film and Entertainment and reforming the City of Atlanta’s Workforce Agency. Michael has provided legal counsel and guidance to a variety of notable public figures, including Russell Simmons, Eva Marcille Pigford, Kevin Gates and others.
Michael’s legal career began at Sidley Austin, LLP, one of the country’s top international law firms, where he represented institutional clients, including Kraft, Kellogg, Principal Financial, Bank of America, U.S. Cellular, and others in internal investigations, complex commercial litigation, and white-collar defense.
At age 27, Michael was appointed by Attorney General Eric Holder as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division, Chicago, Illinois. As a federal prosecutor, Michael led investigations and prosecuted criminal and civil cases involving fraud and financial crimes, Ponzi schemes, aggravated identity theft, illegal narcotics trafficking, money laundering, child exploitation, and public corruption. Michael successfully handled several oral arguments in Seventh Circuit Federal Court of Appeals and trials in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Michael graduated Morehouse College with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and is a summa cum laude graduate of the Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law.
THURGOOD MARSHALL SCHOOL OF LAW
Juris Doctor, 2007
B.A., Political Science, 2004
Activities & Affiliations
Board of Directors, Member, Youth Enhancement Services
Lead Atlanta Alumnus, Class of 2013
Morehouse College National Alumni Association
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
Texas Southern University Alumni Association
• Georgia, Illinois